Gabala – Contract Law
ELSA Azerbaijan is organizing its 5th Winter ELSA Law School, which will take place from February 4–11, 2023. The WELS will be held in Gabala, a city with beautiful landscapes and rich history!
WELS Gabala provides a unique academic experience focused on Contract Law. With guidance from legal experts from prestigious law firms in Azerbaijan, participants will follow a fruitful curriculum. Through lectures, workshops, and a moot court Simulation, participants will be introduced to key aspects of Contract Law and current contractual issues. The current topics combined with the dynamic legal expertise will ensure a comprehensive 7-day course in Contract Law.
At the same time, Gabala is a captivating city in Azerbaijan known for its stunning natural beauty and the city's deep historical roots. It is renowned for the ancient remnants of Chukhur Gabala, a walled city dating back to the 4th century BC, echoing the whispers of time. Our city is home to a flourishing winemaking tradition; the presence of a winery here adds yet another layer of charm to this remarkable destination. You will get the chance to witness all these unique characteristics during our event's Social & Cultural Programme, while enjoying a winter scenery and engaging in winter activities.
Gabala has it all—from fascinating attractions and breathtaking landscapes to a rich history, entertainment, and delicious food. It's the ultimate destination!
ELSA member from a non-favoured country - 375€
Member of a Partner Organisation - 400€
ELSA Alumni - 400€
Non ELSA member - 420€
Two-way airport transfer - 30€
Tufandagh Mountain Resort: Skiing & Cabelway - 45€
WELS Gabala Sweatshirt - 25€
WELS Gabala T-shirt - 15€
BHM Law Firm
Fortiori Law Firm
Legalize Law Firm
SME Law Firm
The PSG Law Firm
Turan Legal and Tax Services
The Academic programme focuses on deepening participants’ legal knowledge about Contract law through engaging lectures, workshops, and Moot Court Simulation. It explores Contract Law, covering aspects like good faith, contractual freedom, and consumer rights. Participants will learn about standard contracts, pre-contractual obligations, and the digital aspects of contracts. The programme also addresses non-compete clauses and alternative dispute resolutions. It offers an exciting opportunity to delve into Contract Law while enjoying Gabala’s enchanting surroundings!
Here is the draft academic programme of our WELS:
- None (arrivals)
- Introduction to Contract Law
- Elements of contracts and Good Faith: Comparison between Civil and Common Law
- Contractual freedom and public policy
- Case study on Standard Form Contracts and Consumer Rights, Linked Contracts
- Workshop on electronic contracts and digital signatures in contract law: authentication and legal validity
- Smart Contracts and Blockchain Technology
- Verbal commitments and non-contractual relations
- Case study on legal regulation of pre-contractual obligations, contract drafting, and negotiations
- Analysis of the legal implications of non-compete conditions in business and employment contracts
- Contractual Disputes and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Moot Court Simulation
- None (departures)