Komotini – Refugee and Migration Law
Continuing its tradition, ELSA Komotini is proud to present its 6th edition of the Winter ELSA Law School on Refugee and Migration Law. ELSA Komotini's WELS is the second oldest in the history of ELSA.
Komotini is a student-city with about 10 university departments and approximately 10.000 students, making it one of the most academically attractive destinations in the northern part of Greece.
This year ELSA Komotini and its academic partner plan to offer you a rich academic programme combining both a deep legal insight on Refugee & Migration Law and experiential/practical experience. With speakers from different backgrounds, such as distinguished professors, lawyers, and other experts, we hope to enrich your legal knowledge and engage you in fruitful conversations.
We are looking forward to welcoming you and give you the chance to meet our unique and diverse city, which combines different cultures and religions. We are ready to make sure that you will have an enjoyable stay and show you what “Greek hospitality” stands for.
For more information, please visit our Facebook page "Winter ELSA Law School on Refugee and Migration Law".
ELSA Member from a non-favoured country - 330€
Alumni of ELSA – 350€
Members of a partner organisation – 350€
Non-member - 390€
Two-way airport transfer from Alexandroupolis Airport- 30€
Extra night - 45€
The lectures on Refugee and Migration Law will cover the following topics and subtopics (preliminary):
Day 1 :
- Introduction to the field of Refugee & Migration Law and Basic International Principles;
- The international legal status of Refugees;
- The international legal status of Migrants.
- Asylum framework and Repatriation process, durable and other solutions for refugees;
- Outsourcing of asylum processing, migration control in the EU & human rights implications;
- European Regulations on Migrants and Refugees.
- Refugee Integration;
- The legal process for Asylum and Subsidiary Protection;
- Principle of non- refoulement under Article 3 ECHR and Article 4 EU;
- Irregular immigration and immigration & refugee advocacy.
Institutional Visit at Refugee Reception and Identification Centre (R.I.C) at Fylakio, Evros.
- EU Immigrants and relevant national policies in comparison to economic rights;
- Protection of Unaccompanied foreign minors;
- The refugee crisis and the associated issues that influence the future of Europe and our World.
- Workshop on jurisprudence – a case study on refugee and migration law;
- European mechanism of border control for irregular immigration.