Vienna – Dispute Resolution
ELSA Vienna is excited to present you the 7th edition of the ELSA Vienna Summer Law School on Dispute Resolution which will take place from 29th July to 5th August 2018.
Throughout six intensive days, participants will have the opportunity to deepen their knowledge on dispute resolution through a variety of lectures and workshops led by renowned international experts. In addition to that, a diverse and fun social programme will be provided. The participants will have the chance to get to know new friends from all over the world, as well as to explore and enjoy the unique atmosphere and beauty of Vienna.
We are looking forward to an exciting, unforgettable week and to welcoming you to Vienna!
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/elsaviennalawschool/
ELSA Member from a favoured country - 315€
Alumni - 400€
Member of a Partner Organisation/Non-ELSA Member - 450€
Two-way airport transfer - 8€
Monday – Introduction to Dispute Resolution
- What are Conflicts, How do they Arise and What is the Best Way to Resolve them?
- What Are the Available Conflict Resolution Mechanisms?
- Which One Should You Choose?
Tuesday – Mediation
- Mediation Basics and Techniques
- How to ‘Get a Yes’
Wednesday – Arbitration
- Preparing for a Case
- Written Submissions and Oral Pleadings
- Cross-Examination of Fact and Expert Witnesses
- Procedural Tactics
Thursday – Litigation
- Process and Process Management
- Remedies, Enforcement and Legal Protection
- How to Achieve Effective and Efficient Case Management
Friday – Negotiation
- Negotiation Basics
- Main Theories
- Practical Exercises
Day 6 – TBA