Batumi – Practicing International Humanitarian Law
We are proud to welcome you to our very first edition of Summer ESLA Law School Batumi on Practicing International Humanitarian Law.
Despite the development of civilisation, nowadays, more than ever, international and non-international armed conflicts are the biggest challenge for the world. Main strategic directions in the area, solutions for the greatest challenges of the International Humanitarian Law and protection of civilians, and medical, and religious military personnel, and wounded, shipwrecked and sick combatants and prisoners of war and other related topics will be discussed during the academic programme of our Summer ELSA Law School Batumi.
Batumi - the city of wonders is waiting for you to fill you with the most mysterious sense of culture, nature, and intelligence, so apply now and enjoy unforgettable days full of inimitable moments with new friends by the Black Sea.
ELSA Member from a favoured country - 315€
Alumni of ELSA - 380€
Members of a partner organisation - 380€
Non-member - 380€
Two-way airport transfer - 30€
SELS T-shirt - 15€
Over the period of the Summer ELSA Law School will provide to its participants excellent opportunity to broaden their knowledge in the area of International Humanitarian Law from international, comparative, and interdisciplinary perspectives.
Within theoretical part, students will have the unique opportunity to take part in a moot court in the field of international Humanitarian Law.
The Academic Programme will focus on the following topics:
- General Overview of International Humanitarian Law;
- International Committee of the Red Cross and Geneva Conventions;
- War Aggression and Self-defense V.S. The Principles of Proportionality and Necessity.
- Participation in Hostilities in International Humanitarian Law;
- The legal situation of combatants;
- Human Rights Protection in Armed Conflict;
- Implementing Human Rights in Occupied Territories;
- Internally Displaced People;
- Case Law of International Humanitarian Law.