Budapest – Sports Law
Nothing ventured, nothing gain.
At long last, Budapest is finally ready to organize a SELS. Why did we choose Sports Law as our topic?
It is really simple. Sports Law covers a huge spectrum of matters, including contract, tort, antitrust, agency, constitutional, labor, trademark, criminal, Sex Discrimination and tax issues. Although Hungary is a relatively small country, it has been successful in several different sports. Each sport presents unique situations for everyone involved to be aware of. Sports Law cases can affect sports teams, individual athletes, coaches, and entire sporting bodies and organizations as well so it is important to have qualified professionals on the field who could provide expertise over the intricacies of particular cases.
At last but not least, Budapest was the European Capital of Sport in 2019. The title had been granted to the city by the European Capitals of Sport Association (ACES), as over the past few years Budapest demonstrated its hospitality and skills in organizing major sports events.
ELSA Member from a favoured country - 315€
Alumni of ELSA – 400€
Members of a partner organisation – 420€
Non-member - 450€
Extra Night - 45€
Two way airport/bus station transfer - 10€
SELS T-shirt - 25€
The academic programme will include the following:
- Lecture on the General principles of Sports Law
- Workshop on Athlete Agreements
- Workshop on “How to write an application for a sports tender”
- Applicable law and judicial responsibility in sport
- Liability for Sports Injuries and Duties of Athletics Personnel
- Sport mega-events, sports law Management, and Tourism
- Lecture on Major sports events economic and Sports Law
- Institutional visit to Puskás Ferenc Stadion
- Lecture on E-sports ( Esports Sponsorships & Partnerships, Technical requirements of tournaments, Contracting of esports players)
- Lecture on Loot Boxes and Microtransactions
- Lecture on Online Streaming Rights, IP Protections
- International convince or treaties of Sports
- Panel Discussion on the Negative Phenomena in Sports Activities and Law: Bribery – Match-fixing
- Racism aspects in Sports activities
- Debate on the future of sports law