Diplomacy&Law – Rijeka – 1st cycle
We have established our Summer ELSA Law School (SELS) back in 2016 and since then we had 7 successful cycles of our SELS. Our School is under the patronage of European Parliament and Croatian Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs. The primary goal of the school is to expand knowledge in the area of the Diplomacy and Law and also to raise student’s awareness of the importance and impact of the international legal order. Furthermore, another goal of this project is the internationalization of law students and the establishment of long-lasting contacts and acquaintances.
Our speakers are influence people in the area of international relations and diplomacy; Zoran Milanović, President of Republic of Croatia, Dr. Gordan Grlić Radman, Croatian Minister of Foreign and European affairs, former Ministers of Foreign and European affairs, Croatian ambassadors, ambassadors of foreign countries based in Croatia (EU, USA, UK, State of Israel etc.), lobbyist firms, professors and scholars.
Our Alumni are well known as Fulbright or other scholarship awarded students and we are looking forward to host you in our city which is EUROPEAN CAPITAL OF CULTURE OF 2020. Join us for new knowledge, ideas and experience. See you in Rijeka!
ELSA Member from a favoured country - 315€
Alumni of ELSA – 380€
Members of a partner organisation – 380€
Non-member - 380€
Two-way airport transfer - 30€
Extra night - 45€
SELS T-shirt -15€
SELS Hoodie - 30€
- Lecture “Diplomacy: Definition, features, representatives, privileges and immunities”
- Lecture on “Simulation of diplomatic work”
- Lecture on “International Law and Diplomacy: regulations, significance and link”
- Lecture “Creating international legislation”
- Lecture “The peaceful settlement of disputes and ensuring peace: methods and international bodies”
- Lecture on “Simulation of dispute settlement”
- Lecture on “Problems and challenges of diplomatic work: the experience of experts’
Lecture “Addressing potential problems through diplomatic channels”
- Lecture “International armed conflicts: the importance of law and diplomacy”
- Lecture “Diplomatic solution to international armed conflict”