Maastricht – Data Management
ELSA Maastricht is proud to present the first edition of its Summer ELSA Law School on Data Management! The participants will be introduced to the field of personal data management in enterprises not only to achieve compliance with applicable legislations but also to extract value from them.
At the end of the data-centric week the participants will have gained thorough knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation, cybersecurity principles, intellectual property and competition-related aspects, as well as ICT contracts to support the data-centric economy. The summer school will consist of interactive lectures, workshops and case studies to combine theory with practice and stimulate critical debates.
The participants will learn a multidisciplinary approach to personal data governance which is essential for future practitioners in such field. Data will be placed at the centre of attention and the participants will be invited to look at them from several practical angles.
Besides the multidisciplinary approach to personal data governance, the summer school will also involve a multitude of social and cultural events to introduce you to the heart of Europe and make your week memorable!
For more information, visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SELS-
ELSA Member from a favoured country - 315€
Alumni/Member of a partner organisation - 450€
Non ELSA Member-500€
- Day 1: arrival
- Day 2: GDPR
- Lecture 1: Privacy and Data Protection – Theoretical Underpinnings and Key Principles
- Lecture 2: Data Protection Compliance – Framework for Companies
- Lecture 3: “Business Privacy”: Marketing, Profiling, and Data Transfer
- Case Study 1: Practising Data Protection Compliance for a Company.
- Day 3: Cybersecurity & Data Protection
- Lecture 4: Fundamentals of Cybersecurity
- Lecture 5: Personal Data Breach Management
- Lecture 6: Performing a Risk Assessment on Rights and Freedoms of Individuals
- Case Study 2: Managing a Data Breach in Practice
- Day 4: IP/Competition
- Lecture 7: IP Fundamentals
- Lecture 8: Data Ownership and IP Matters
- Lecture 9: Competition Law and the Data Centric Economy
- Case Study 3: Who Owns my Data?
- Day 5: ICT Contracts
- Lecture 10: The Data Centric Economy and ICT Services
- Lecture 11: ICT Contracts: Structure, Legal Issues and Solutions
- Case Study 4: Critical Analysis of an ICT Contract
- Case Study 5: Critical Analysis of a Data Processing Agreement
- Day 6: The Future of Data: Artificial Intelligence & Data Science
- Lecture 12: Artificial Intelligence & Personal Data Protection
- Lecture 13: Introduction to Data Science and Practical Cases of its Application
- Lecture 14: Recap on Correct Management of Personal Data
- Conclusions: Round Table Discussion and Final Remarks
- Day 7: /
- Day 8: departure