Malta – Maritime Law
Following the previous success and high demand, ELSA Malta is proud to be hosting its 6th edition of the Summer ELSA Law School on Maritime Law this coming August!
The stellar academic programme will consist of lectures dealing with a vast array of Maritime Law topics delivered by the topmost professionals and academics in the field, serving to give participants as close a taste to this field of law as possible. It will even cater for an on-sight visit to Malta’s Free Port, the third largest transhipment and logistics centre in the Mediterranean region and will allow participants to interact with some of the leading lawyers in the area.
Participants will also benefit from a jam-packed social programme with a wide range of activities spanning from boat and bus parties to the vibrant atmosphere of Malta’s partying village, Paceville. Participants may even visit Malta’s sister islands, Gozo and Comino, with blue lagoons, heavenly beaches and rural attractions. All in all, we look forward to you experiencing our Mediterranean islands with a high expertise in Maritime law, sunny weather, friendly locals, and of course ELSA spirit!
For more info, be sure to check out and like our Facebook page.
ELSA Member from a favoured country - 315€
Alumni of ELSA – 350€
Members of a partner organisation – 350€
Two-way airport transfer - 25€
One-way airport transfer - 15€
Pre-SELS Programme in Gozo - 30€
Extra night (ELSA Member from a non-favoured country) - 50€
Extra night (ELSA Member from a favoured country) - 45€
Extra night (Alumni of ELSA/ Members of a partner organisation/ Non-member) - 50€
- Opening Ceremony
- Lecture on ‘Salvage, Towage and Collision’
- Lecture on ‘Maritime Debts, Judicial Sale of Ships and Ranking of Creditors’
- Ship Registry Visit
- Lecture on ‘Ship Finance’
- Lecture on ‘International Tax Aspects of Maritime Transport Activities’
- Lecture on ‘Local Tax Aspects of Maritime Transport Activities’
- Lecture on ‘Blockchain & Virtual Currencies: New Era in Shipping’
- Lecture on ‘Irregular Migration by Sea & its Impact on International Shipping’
- Lecture on ‘Ship Arrest & the Action in Rem’
- Lecture on ‘Ship Sale & Purchase’
- Lecture on ‘Ship Finance & Security Interests under the Maltese Flag’
- Lecture on ‘Arrests of Ships & Enforcement Scenarios’
- Lecture on ‘Ship Registration, Principles & the Maltese Flag’
- Workshop Session
- Closing Ceremony