Modena – Food Law
ELSA Modena e Reggio Emilia would be pleased to have you for its third edition of the Summer ELSA Law School on Food Law.
The continuous expansion of distribution chains and the great circulation of foodstuffs has entailed a progressive highlighting of the need to safeguard the consumers, reason why we had a huge succession of norms, not just on a national and European level but also dictated by international treaties connected to globalization. Nowadays, food law is also, and especially, addressed to prevention, checks and, in general, to guarantee a free and safe movement of foodstuffs not just in a single State, but in the whole European Union.
Which country could be the best one in order to analyze the topic of Food Law?! Italy, with its food culture, and particularly, Modena, with its culinary tradition, do offer an ideal scenery not just for your belly, but for your brain as well.
From European legislation until the international one; from agri-food Criminal Law to the legal protection of trademarks such as DOP and IGP; from GMOs and Wine Law to the right to food in the International Conventions: we will explore deeply these topics during the week, raising up the critical issues from the theoretical and practical point of view.
ELSA Modena e Reggio Emilia is waiting for you for a whole week in the name of entertainment and good food, during which will be organised visits, not just cultural, but also institutional.
We hope to see you soon!
ELSA Member from a favoured country - 315€
Alumni of ELSA – 400€
Members of a partner organisation – 400€
Non-member - 450€
Extra night - 26€
SELS T-shirt -12€
- Lecture: “General overview and comparison between European and international Food Law”
- Lecture: “tort Food Law and analysis of same cases”
- Visit to the vinegar producer “Acetaia Malpighi” and lecture
- Lecture: “The protection of Geographical Indication PDO and PGI” and practical simulation
- Lecture: “Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) and climate changes”
- Lecture on Agri – food criminal law
- Lecture on Wine Law
- Visit to a wine cellar of Lambrusco Consortium and lecture: “Wine and Law: the italian experience”
- Lecture about GMOs legilation
- practical simulation
- Lecture: “Food safety and food information to consumers”
- Visit to Parmigiano Reggiano Consortium