Modena – Food Law
ELSA Modena e Reggio Emilia would be pleased to have you for its second edition of the Summer ELSA Law School about Food Law.
The continuous expansion of distribution chains and the great circulation of foodstuffs has entailed a progressive highlighting of the need to safeguard the consumers, reason why we had a huge succession of norms, not just on a national and European level but also dictated by international treaties connected to globalization. Nowadays, food law is also, and especially, addressed to prevention, checks and, in general, to guarantee a free and safe movement of foodstuffs not just in a single State, but in the whole European Union.
Which country could be the best one in order to analyze the topic of Food Law?! Italy, with its food culture, and particularly, Modena, with its culinary tradition, do offer an ideal scenery not just for your belly, but for your brain as well.
From European legislation until the international one; from agri-food Criminal Law to the legal protection of trademarks such as DOP and IGP; from GMOs and Wine Law to the right to food in the International Conventions: we will explore deeply these topics during the week, raising up the critical issues from the theoretical and practical point of view.
ELSA Modena e Reggio Emilia is waiting for you for a whole week in the name of entertainment and good food, during which will be organised visits, not just cultural, but also institutional.
We hope to see you soon!
ELSA Member from a favoured country - 315€
Alumni/Member of a partner organisation - 400€
Non ELSA Member - 400€
- “European and Food Law: a comparative prospective”;
- “Food Law and Human Rights – Right to Food in International Conventions and Its Development” with a Representative of IDLO
- “The Protection of Geographical Indications: PDOs and PGIs”
- Legal Debate/MCC on concrete cases related to the lecture of the morning
- “Wine Law: the Protection of Geographical Indications for wines at the international level – From article 23 of the TRIPS agreement to bilateral agreements of EU”
- Institutional Visit to one of the Wine cellars of the Consortium of Wine Lambrusco where will be held a workshop by the legal representative of the Consortium about his functions
Thursday: “Regulation of GMOs and new agricultural techniques: how can we avoid to kill innovation?”
- Institutional Visit to Parmigiano Reggiano
- “Agri- Food Criminal Law: Food Fraud and Criminal Protection of PDOs and PGIs”