Modena – Food Law
ELSA Modena e Reggio Emilia would be pleased to have you for its first edition of the Summer Law School about Food Law.
The continuous expansion of distribution chains and the great circulation of foodstuffs has entailed a progressive highlighting of the need to safeguard the consumers, reason why we had a huge succession of norms, not just on a national and European level but also dictated by international treaties connected to globalization. Nowadays, food law is also, and especially, addressed to prevention, checks and, in general, to guarantee a free and safe movement of foodstuffs not just in a single State, but in the whole European Union.
Which country could be the best one in order to analyze the topic of Food Law?! Italy, with its food culture, and particularly, Modena, with its culinary tradition, do offer an ideal scenery not just for your belly, but for your brain as well.
From European legislation until the international one; from agri-food Criminal Law to the legal protection of trademarks such as DOP and IGP; from GMOs to the right to food in the International Conventions: we will explore deeply these topics during the week, raising up the critical issues from the theoretical and practical point of view.
ELSA Modena e Reggio Emilia is waiting for you for a whole week in the name of entertainment and good food, during which will be organised visits, not just cultural, but also institutional; as a matter of fact, we've organised for you a visit to EFSA, the European Food Safety Authority, which will give you the chance to understand the functioning of this great European Agency.
We hope to see you soon!
ELSA Member from a favoured country - 315€
Alumni/Member from a partner organisation/Non ELSA Member - 400€
Extra Night - 25€
- Opening Conference: Food Law – from the international to the European Legislation
- Lecture: Food Safety & Food Information to Consumers
- Lecture: The Protection of Geographical Indications: PDOs and PGIs
- Carrer Seminar: The In-House Food Lawyer
- Lecture: Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) and Climate Changes
- Institutional Visit to Consortium of Parmigiano Reggiano
- Lecture: Agri-Food Criminal Law. Food frauds and criminal protection of PDOs and PGIs
- Lecture: GMOs Production and Trade:
- 1- EU and US Law: a comparison
- 2- GMOs in developing countries: an opportunity?
- Lecture: Food Law and Human Rights – Right to Food in International Conventions and Its Development
- Institutional Visit to EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) – Parma