Odesa – Maritime Law
- ELSA Members from non-favoruted Countries - 300€;
- ELSA Members from Favoured Countries - 270€;
- ELSA Alumni / ALSA Members - 360€;
- Non ELSA Members - 360€
The main topic of our Summer ELSA Law School will be Maritime Law!
In the period of humanity’s transition to the ‘environmental world’, we must not forget the law. This is especially true for Maritime Law.
The school will give information about the symbiosis of Environmental Law, Maritime law and business. You will learn about the standardisation of environmental protection in the legal context. You will also have an opportunity to improve your practical knowledge in Odesa!
The academic programme will consist of different types of activities:
- Practice knowledge
- Moot courts, etc.
The academic programme will be held in one of the oldest universities in Odesa – National University ‘Odesa Law Academy’.
Today, the National University ‘Odesa Academy of Law’ is a centre of legal education and science in Ukraine and is a leading higher educational institution in the sphere of law.
The National University “Odesa Academy of Law” is the successor to the rich traditions of Odesa School of Law, the history of which is rooted back in the year 1847 (the time of the foundation of the law faculty of the Richelieu lyceum – the first higher educational institution in Odessa). In 1865, the law faculty became part of the Imperial Novorossiysk University. In 1997, the year which marked 150 years of legal science and education in Odesa, the Law Institute of Odesa State University was transformed into Odesa State Academy of Law. One year later, the university acquired membership of the European University Association; in 2000, the Academy was granted the status of a national higher educational institution.
- Lectures on ‘Maritime Law & Ecology Today’
- Workshops on ‘Standardisation of the Maritime Aspects of Environmental Law’
- Introduction to the ‘fabula’ for moot court competition
- Lecture on ‘The Sea, Ecology and Business’
- Discussion with the Administration of Odessa Sea-Port
- Lecture/Workshop on ‘How to Use our Knowledge in Practice’
- Q&A about the moot court competition
- Moot Court Competition