Rijeka – Diplomacy & Law: July
ELSA Rijeka offers this summer TWO CYCLES of our Law School. The 1st cycle will take place from the 15th to the 22nd of July and the 2nd cycle will then commence on the 29th of July and finish on the 5th of August. When applying, choose the one that best suits your precious time!
ELSA Rijeka is determined to offer you an insight into the exciting world of Diplomacy & Law through an academic programme established under the patronage of the Croatian Diplomatic Academy, the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs and many international experts in this area. To participate there are no requirements of prior knowledge in this topic. Considering the current situation in the whole world, diplomacy will be the main weapon and key to ensure peace.
The purpose of this ELSA Law School is to simulate diplomatic work, to learn how to achieve peaceful settlement of disputes and ensuring peace, how to address potential problems through diplomatic channels and much more. The social programme will enable the participants to get to know the city and each other.
Participants will start the day with lectures and workshops held by leading experts and spend the rest of the day visiting attractions in Rijeka and enjoying the great beauty of the Adriatic sea where participants will have the opportunity to visit the beach.
ELSA Member from a favoured country - 315€
Alumni/Member of a Partner Organisation/Non-ELSA Member - 380€
Two-way airport transfer - 30€
Extra Night - 30€
•‘International Law and Diplomacy: regulations, significance and link’
• Workshop ‘Creating international legislation’
• Lecture ‘International Law and Diplomacy: regulations, significance and link’
• Lecture ‘R2P – Responsibility to Protect’
• Lecture on ‘Diplomacy and Law: importance in the modern environment of terrorism’
• Lecture on ‘Consular Affairs’
• Lecture on ‘Problems and challenges of diplomatic work: the experience of experts’
• Workshop ‘Addressing potential problems through diplomatic channels’
• Lecture ‘The peaceful settlement of disputes and ensuring peace: methods and international bodies’
• Workshop on ‘Simulation of dispute settlement’