Tbilisi – European and International Human Rights Law
Welcome to the first edition of Winter ELSA Law School Tbilisi of European and International Human Rights Law.
The academic program gives opportunity to gain Introductory knowledge on European and International Human Rights system. What are the main institutions for the protection of Human Rights and how do they work? What are the legal sources of International Human Rights system? How is IHR Law being developed and implemented on national level? You will also take a chance to understand how international Human Rights and Humanitarian Law are connected to each other and discuss the case law of European Court of Human Rights.
Do not miss the chance to find out more on IHR and expand your knowledge with help of human rights lawyers who are currently working on European and International Human Rights practices.
Apart from our intensive lectures you will be able to join our extensive social program and feel the spirit of our country with full of cultural diversity.
ELSA Member from a favoured country - 315€
Alumni/Member of a Partner Organisation/Non-ELSA Member - 380€
Two-way airport transfer - 30€
- Overview International Human Rights Law system within the scope of UN and regional conventions
- European convention on Human Rights: Right to life, Prohibition of torture, Right to liberty and security, Right to fair trial, Prohibition of discrimination
- European Court of Human Rights – how does it work?
- Relations between human rights protection and International Humanitarian Law
- Case law of European Court of Human Rights
- International Human Rights Law implementation mechanisms on national human rights systems
At the end of the week you will visit Georgian Supreme Court and Ministry of Justice of Georgia in order to find out how decisions of International Courts are being executed on national level. You will also be given opportunity to see the work of representatives of Georgia in International Courts and even try to write individual application to ECHR.