Zadar – The Right to Privacy
We are honoured to host this year's SELS in Zadar. ELSA Zagreb has a long and proud tradition of hosting one of the best Summer Law Schools in ELSA network. Our Summer School takes place in the beautiful city of Zadar, situated on the eastern coast of the Adriatic sea. Zadar is known as one of top summer destinations in Europe, which earned Zadar the title of European Best Destination 2016.
This year's Summer Law School is 19th in a row, which makes our SELS the oldest Summer ELSA Law School in ELSA network. And our topic is, as always, connected to human rights. This year's topic is The Right to Privacy, one of the „hottest“ topics today. Our school will focus on protection of this right in the countries of the EU.
We aim to connect law students from different European countries and to educate them in the field of Human Rights, to let them see what ELSA spirit is all about. SELS Zadar is a unique opportunity for them to meet each other and participate in strenghtening the collaboration between nations, which should be part of everyday life. Our main focus of interest is Human Rights and every year we organise various workshops and lectures about different aspects of this topic for our participants. Our mission is to inspire creativity, passion and optimism in future generations of law students. The overwhelming success of previous SELS editions did not made us lose focus. This year, as every year, we are working even harder to offer the participants a programme which will be interesting and relevant to our young colleagues. This experience will be very valuable to participants, not only because it will satisfy their thirst for knowledge, but also because it will be an asset to their future careers. As such, SELS Zadar proves to be a significant addition to the already rich ELSA universe.
The 19th ELSA SELS on Human Rights and Globalisation will take place from the 15th to 23rd of July 2018 in Zadar. This year's topic will be the Right to Privacy. The academic programme revolvs around different aspects of the Right to Privacy. Technological advances in recent years have created many challenges to effective protection of this fundamental human right. Breaches of privacy are creating problems to citizens, companies and goverments of the European countries.
ELSA Member from a favoured country - 315€
Alumni/Member of a partner organisation - 380€
Non ELSA Member - 395€
Two-way airport transfer - 30€
Extra Night - 30€
Pre-SELS Trip to Dugi otok 25€ (Requires extra night)
Post-SELS Zrce Party 40€ (Requires extra night)
Day 1 – 16.07.2018
- Intruduction to the Right to Privacy (Lecture/Panel)
- Case Study Competition – Introduction to the Case (Workshop)
Day 2 – 17.07.2018
- Changes and Consequences of the Implementation of GDPR on the Right to Privacy in the EU (Lecture/Panel)
- Case Study Competition – Complainant (Workshop)
Day 3 – 18.07.2018
- Pause – Beach Day
Day 4 – 19.07.2018
- GDPR and Safety of Citizens’ Personal Information: Who Can Access Our Personal Information? (Lecture/Panel)
- Case Study Competition – Respondent (Workshop)
Day 5 – 20.07.2018
- Invasion of Privacy: How Much Information Can the Government and Private Companies Aquire from Citizens? (Lecture/Panel)
- Case Study Competiotion- Oral Rounds (Workshop)
Day 6 – 21.07.2018
- The Right to Privacy in the EU: What Does the Future Hold? (Lecture/Panel)
- Policy Making Simulation: ” How to Effectively Protect the Right to Privacy of Citizens? (Workshop)