Athens – International Investment Law
The Summer ELSA Law School Athens on International Investment Law 2020 is organised with a view to provide participating students from all over the world with the opportunity to meet and learn from a group of experts from academia and legal practice. Our aim is for participants to gain a comprehensive understanding of international investment law, in particular its substantive content as set out in international investment agreements, and be able to locate and compare the various approaches taken by arbitral tribunals.
ELSA Member from a favoured country - 315€
Alumni of ELSA – 385€
Members of a partner organisation – 385€
Non-member - 385€
The SELS Athens on International Investment Law will consist of interactive lectures, which
will provide participants with all the essential tools to grasp the main aspects of international
investment law, while also addressing some of the currently “hottest topics” of the field.
Among others, topics that will be addressed include:
- “International Investment Law and Human Rights”,
- “Umbrella Clauses in Investment Treaties”,
- “Foreign Investment in Services and WTO Law”,
- “Investment Arbitration Under the ICSID Convention”,
- “Res Judicata and Lis Pendens in Investment Arbitration”,
- “Impartiality and Independence of Investment Arbitrators”,
- “Investment Arbitration Under Mega-Regional Free Trade Agreements”.
The academic programme will also include tutorial workshops that will be conducted under the
aegis of Young ICCA and the ICDR-AAA.
During the next months, we will be posting more details about this year’s academic
programme at our Facebook fan page.