Geneva – Arbitration (G17)
ELSA Alumni / Non-members: €600
Two-way transfer: €30
Our summer law school is intended to provide a hands-on introduction to arbitration. Our programme covers various aspects of arbitration, including basic theory and practical case studies. This is why most of our speakers are experienced arbitration lawyers from leading corporate law firms such as Schellenberg Wittmer, Bär & Karrer, Sidley Austin LLP, Brown&Page, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP and CMS von Erlach Poncet (status as of February 2017).
Monday 28 August 2017
- Lecture : Introduction to arbitration
- Arbitration Mock Competition
Both courses will take place at Schellenberg Wittmer’s offices in the city centre of Geneva and will be led by practitioners of the firm.
Tuesday 29 August 2017
- Workshops : Commercial Arbitration presented by Bär & Karrer
- Workshops : Hot topics in Arbitration presented by CMS
- Institutional visit to the World Intellectual Property Organization; lecture on its litigation system
Wednesday 30 August 2017
- Lecture : Arbitration institutions and rules presented by Prof. Tercier
- Lecture : The Swiss arbitral rules presented by the Geneva Chamber of Commerce (CCIG)
- Workshops : Conflict of Laws vs Arbitration
- Panel of careers
Thursday 31 August 2017
- Lecture : Sports Arbitration
- Workshops on different stages of arbitral proceedings: presented by Brown&Page, Sidley Austin LLP and Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
Friday 1 September 2017
- Institutional visit to the United Nations
- Lecture: Investment Arbitration
This remains a draft programme that may be subject to changes.